Thursday, December 6, 2012

Potty Training!

Well, I wrote out a blog post to go with this picture, but just realized that the post was deleted when I added the photo. Sorry about that. Last Thursday Jason and I attempted, again, to potty train Havana. This was not the first time... we approached this time very prayerfully and as hard as that day was Jason kept saying he wasn't convicted over how we were training her (unlike in the past when we would give up by 3pm because we didn't have a peace we were handling it correctly). She FINALLY went to the bathroom at 8pm that night and was treated to play-dough! That is the photo below... it was a reward after a very, long and emotional day.




 
The next day, went slightly better, but it was still hard. What was hardest on my heart was to see how happy she was at the end of the day to put on her pull up diaper for bed. Still, a week later, she sings a little song about her diaper when we put it on. But, she is doing well - not having too many accidents and getting the hang of it. She was given treats of special shows, play dough, stamps, a trip to get ice cream, and a trip to the mall. I think she is proud of herself, but she doesn't have a lot of interest in actually going to the bathroom and so will only use it 2-3 times a day. Which seems like a long time to hold it in, but whatever.
 
So, I now have two children potty trained! Strange to be change so few diapers. My big pregnant belly misses the ease of diapers (getting them on and off the toilet and cleaning up accidents don't go well for baby). But, new phase. Children growing up. Can't believe it. I am so proud of my little H for working so hard!
 
Ice Cream treat on day 4 of no diapers!


No comments:

Post a Comment