Sunday, December 16, 2012

Funny and Responsible Jonah! (and an injury)

Jonah is saying some funny things these days. He still loves to play David and Goliath - he loves playing David, but really loves playing Goliath!

At Thanksgiving Dinner, in front of everyone, he passed some gas and then yelled loudly, "It's okay, mom, I just have some gases."

He loves to pull up my shirt, tell me how big my belly is getting, and then ask to see baby Coop.

One day he sat on my lap, stuck out his belly, and said, "Baby Coop is in my belly."

He always talks about Baby Coop and tells us how when baby coop comes the baby will cry and we will say, "It's okay baby coop."


He has also become super responsible. All on his own, he began taking his dishes to the sink after meal times. Now, he can even throw away any trash on his plate before putting it in the sink. He makes my job easy. ha.

The other day he got a "boo-boo" -- this one was pretty bad and it was totally my fault. I had the fireplace on in the morning and then when the children got up I turned it off, but forgot to warn the children the  glass would be hot. Jonah ran down and put his hands on the glass and got a 2nd degree burn on both of his hands. It was so sad. He shook and cried and cried for over 4 hours. I ran his hand under cold water for a while and then gave him just a bowl to keep his hand in... I was on the phone most of the morning with Jason (who was at work) and our doctor. Our DR told me that if I saw blisters to take him to the ER... there are many blisters on his hands, but Jason is just treating him here at home. They haven't popped yet, but apparently soon they will and so I'm working on keeping his hand as clean as possible. My doctor told me that it is actually a good thing that he feels the pain because if he didn't have pain the burn would be worse, but still, this mama feels soooo guilty!



Love my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment