Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Date #2

So, I'm a little late in posting, but Date #2 for 2012 did not go as planned, but was still super fun. As I stated before, I preplanned and prepaid for 12 dates for Jason for our anniversary in December. That being said, in February I realized they might not go as planned when you prepare a few months in advance. :) Jason's card that he opened on February 1st read:

"Have I ever told you that you are hot? Or that you make my heart A-glow? Well, you are and you do! Let's celebrate this month of love by going to glassworks and making our own glass kiss! Can't wait to experience this with you - my only flame!"

Cute idea- cheesy card - that is kind of the point of all of this. :) Anyway, I had made reservations for Saturday, February 11th to do the glass blowing. The kiss that we were going to make was only offered two days out of the entire month and the other day Jason was working. However, I tried to secure a babysitter for that day and could not. So we talked about it and while Jason liked the glassblowing idea we agreed to use our date night to go on a double date with some friends instead. So... we will do the glassworks another day! :) (It actually turned out for the best anyway, because the day we were supposed to go to glassWorks Havana spent the day puking...)

We ended up going out on February 25th with another couple we met through church. They have four children (three out of the four are under three like us) and so it was nice to get away and carry on a converation without the children! The week before the date I got my hair cut, eyebrows waxed, and bought a new outfit! I felt like such a little school girl getting ready for prom. I was so excited to go on a date with my husband. My friend, Rebekah, and I exchanged texts about what we were going to wear... it was fun to get excited about everything.

Our babysitter arrived and again we took these photos before leaving:



I love this man!!!

Then, we met our friends at Havana Rumba at 7:30 and I don't think we left the restaurant until close to 11. The four of us just sat there and talked and laughed! It was so refreshing and the fellowship with another couple who loves the Lord and their children was so encouraging. Certainly something I hope we do again soon and was totally worth rearranging the preplanned dates for. :) What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment