Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dakota Update

Last Tuesday, the 9th, I took him to the doctor. I told her my concern about his tongue (it seems "tight" and short) and she said that if he latches okay, she wouldn't do anything about it right now. He latches fine and so guess we will see if he stretches it out as he grows. 

He weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce. She asked me to come back in one week for a weight check. I took him back this past Tuesday and he was up to 9 pounds, 1 ounce! 

He is such a prescheduled baby! He eats every two hours around the clock. He is pretty good about having awake time before falling asleep. Most of my babies I have had to train to get them on a regular cycle, but he just seems to think it is the norm. 

I developed mastits last week... And now all of us (except Jason) have a really nasty head cold. Praying Dakota stays healthy through it. 

We are all adjusting well. Tuesdays and Thursdays are still weird without Havana. I had a bought of the "baby blues" where I would just burst into tears and felt very disconnected with Dakota. I even asked Jason if they could have mixed up our baby at the hospital or if we could change his name to Hezekiah since I felt more connected to him by that name. Thankfully most of that has past. 

I can't believe he will be two weeks old tomorrow!! He has had his first bottle, gone to church and Bible study, went to a friends house for dinner. We even have him his first bath yesterday (much needed). 


No comments:

Post a Comment