Sunday, October 21, 2012

Nap times

Well, nap times are changing around here. Over the last two weeks Selah has dropped completely her morning nap time - which is fine- because she will sleep a good three hours in the afternoon during the "rest time" of Jonah and Havana...

I say "rest time" because Havana has decided that she doesn't need her afternoon naps anymore. She will stay in her room for 30-45 minutes, but then will begin to call loundly for me and once I open her door she will ask to come out. I've tried to tell her no, but she keeps calling loudly for me and I worry she will wake the other two up. To her credit, she has never opened her door or gotten out of her room without permission, but I'm starting to feel like a real mom without any breaks during the day. ha. We are still trying to figure out what to do with her during this time. Once a week or so i will let her watch a show on my phone, but since I don't like her watching that much TV that isn't the norm. Sometimes we do school work or she "helps" Jason or I with whatever we are doing... but no real solution for what to do with her during the 2-3 hours that the other two are down. Today I tried to tell her that she could play by herself in the play room, but that ended up with her getting a marker and drawing all over a lot of her toys... so, back to the drawing board. :)

3 comments:

  1. My kids have never been good sleepers. We usually get a solid 45 minutes out of Isaiah. Gosh, 3 hours...only the girl I babysit does that!! LOL!

    Well, since I never really got use to a break, the transition to no nap won't be that bad for me.

    Does H like to look at books by herself? Maybe use her rest time for books, coloring, quiet play for an hour and then relish the one on one time with her while you have it...before #4 arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look at books by herself in her room for about 30-45 minutes, but then she begins talking VERY LOUDLY and now I've come to get her so often she is expecting me to take her out of her room. I should relish my time with just her more often - and sometimes I do and we do "fun things" like crafts together that we don't do when the others are up, but the selfish part of me misses that time that I had to get things done or take a nap myself. ha. I'm trying to teach her an hour and half by herself and then I'll spend an hour-an hour and half with her... we will see if she takes to that. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're thinking about shortening Sam's nap time. He'll still sleep 2-3 hours in the afternoon but bedtime is a BATTLE these days we're thinking if he naps less then maybe he'll be more ready for bed @ a reasonable time. But I know what you mean about missing that. I honestly don't know how I'll get anything done if he only naps for an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete