Sunday, October 21, 2012

Heart Warming and Heart Breaking

A few days ago, as part of our homeschool lesson, I was to give Havana a blessing like Jacob did to Joseph's sons in the Bible. I had her put her head in my lap, I put my hands on her hair, and I prayed to the Lord asking Him to bless her, to use her, and thanking Him for her specific purpose. As soon as I finished, she said, "now it is my turn to bless you." and with that she put her hands on my head and said, "Dear God, thank you for this mommy. Thank you that she is such a sweet girl. Thank you that you are using her and for all the people in the world... " she went on and on, but I can't remember all of it now, but I don't ever want to forget that sweet moment! Very heartwarming.

Then, there is the heart breaking things that can come out of her mouth. Jason was getting her ready for bed the other night and she said, "Daddy, I like to play with you." He responded that he liked to play with her as well. Then she said, "I like it when I play with just you." He said that he likes to play with all of his children... then she said, "do you remember when you used to play with only me before Jonah or Selah or Baby Coop was born?" "Yes." "I wish you would still play with only me like that."
Talk about a knife in the heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment