Friday, February 3, 2017

Dear Asa (4th Birthday Letter)

Dear Asa,

You are one sweet and amazing little boy. I am so thrilled to watch you grow. You have had a busy year...

In May, at Holiday World, you fell off a playground and broke three bones in your foot. It was so sad and I often found myself wishing it was me more than you. You handled your green cast like a champ... even though it would get very stinky and itchy.

You didn't let the cast stop you, you marched right along in your boot determined to keep up. I love your determination.

You adjusted well to our move, although you still like to throw out that you think this house is boring and you want to go back to the old house. I think you do it for the attention. :) You see, to have this way about you... you turn your head and say something with a pouty voice and I tend to melt. :)

You have a way with manipulation. Once you came out of bed and I said, "Now look..." and you popped up and kissed me and said, "Now look what?!" --

You also told me that you are going to give your wife gifts every day. Especially when she cries.

You love to color a piece if paper and wad it up and then give it me as a "su-pies"

You have a big heart towards everyone... but especially little Hezekiah. The other day in the car we crossed over the railroad tracks and you said, "Hezei, maybe Tommy is on this track." -- you were engaging him in something he liked. It was precious. You're precious.

You love to snuggle and often ask "Mom-mom, can I snuggle you?" And the other day you asked if I would hold you forever. Then you wanted me to promise I would hold you forever. I told you I couldn't promise that, but that I would hold you up the stairs. I loved that you wanted to be with me forever.

We do this cute little thing where I say, "You're so cute I could eat you up." and then I make this eating sounds. You reply, "You're so cute I could eat you up..." and make the same noise. Then I tell you, "You're my baby." And you say, "No, you're my baby." I joke that we are going to say that to each other even when you're married.

When I tuck you in at night... you say, "I'm gong to give you a gentle kiss and a gentle hug and then a tight kiss and a tight hug." Then you pause and say, "first, the gentle things..." and I don't know what it is about the way you say it, but I melt. :)

For Halloween this year you were the red teenage mutant ninja turtle... you kind of have a thing for them. For your birthday you had a cake of them, but for the family party your request had to do with captain america (your other love). You asked for the green guy smashing CA house... cute!

You love all things crafts... painting, play dough, etc. I wish I had more time for that with you right now. My goal this spring is to get better about giving you time and space to make a mess.

You are fun, smart, kind, and such an amazing boy. I pray that you will use your gifts and talents for HIM... and not for yourself.

I love you so much!
Mom-mom
























No comments:

Post a Comment