Thursday, January 15, 2015

Christmastime


Christmas was fun (again) this year. I really do love the season of Advent. We've never done Santa at our house, but Havana really wants to believe... she was very into the story of santa this year and asking lots and lots of questions. I told her all about St. Nick and the legend of Santa... I even let her watch some Christmas shows that had Santa in them. However, I would always end by saying that Santa isn't real but that some families pretend that he is as part of their traditions.

Well, at school one day some kids got into a fight about whether santa was real or not. Her teacher said that people can choose for themselves if santa is real and so she said, "I choose that he is!" Ha. Later, I found a letter she wrote to santa where she told him that she had been a good girl. One night at dinner she kept saying he was real and I snapped, "well, if you want to see if he is real we will see if he leaves any presents under the tree." I shouldn't have said that! Although she came back with, "well you will get me gifts." :) 

One night she was going on and on about Santa and Jonah said, "Havana, you know Santa isn't real, right?" 

Poor girl. Oh well... we still had a great time... I loved the break from school and just being together as a family. On Christmas night we had my family and some friends over for a big dinner. I love when our house is full and crowded and crazy! 

To see our Christmas Card, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment