Thursday, January 15, 2015

10th Anniversary!


On December 19th, Jason and I celebrated our 10th anniversary! I can't believe it has been ten years. I remember celebrating our sixth anniversary and asking Jason if we could go to Hawaii on our tenth. I thought four years would be long enough to save up. We thought it sounded like a good idea at the time, but were didn't realize all the blessings we would get. Clearly, we aren't in a Hawaii season of life.

Over the summer, I asked a babysitter if she would be free for an overnight on our anniversary. She was, but then a couple of months before the big day, Jason suggested that perhaps we try and get a 2 day, one night babysitter in hopes of going to Nashville and staying at the Opryland hotel. Thankfully, we were able to arrange it. We left Friday AM at  9 (I got my hair styled at 7!) and we ate a breakfast in the car. It was great to have some relaxing time to talk in the car and we listened to a cd from Jason's grandmother... that was the first time I had heard her voice and it was neat to hear her tell the family history and pray over everyone. I can't wait to meet her in heaven. 

At noon, we arrived and got settled into our amazing room! I was starving so we found a quick place to get lunch. Then, Jason dropped me off at the spa for a massage and pedicure he prepared for me. :) 

After that, we got ready for a nice dinner, went to see the ICE show, and enjoyed a carriage ride! We made our way back to the room and enjoyed some TV time and exchanged gifts. I also had asked some friends to write us encouraging notes and it was a blessing to read those together. 

The next day we slept in until about 11! Ha. And ordered room service and then packed up. We made good time on our way home too. It was good to be back, but a blessing to be away for a little bit. I feel so blessed to be Mrs. Jason Dugger. :)

To read a recap of our ten years together, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment