Sunday, October 6, 2013

Havana of Great Faith!

Our sweet girl has such an incredible faith in the Lord! She is always encouraging me in my own walk by all of her deep questions... she brings up God all. the. time.

Here are a few examples of her incredible child-like faith:

Selah had broken a DVD that Havana really enjoyed (baby bach) and a few days later Havana asked to watch it. I told her that it wasn't going to work because it was cracked and that "you can't fix a crack in a DVD" -- as sure as anything she said, "God could heal it!" My response was, "You're right, Havana, God can... doesn't mean He always will... but He can do anything."

While having her rest time I overheard her sing, "I may be a small girl, but I can do big things for You, God."

She loves to get on the microphone (of her littler karaoke machine) and sing "You should know God. You should tell everyone about God. He loves us all so much. He can do anything." -- she went on and on about how amazing God is and how we should tell everyone about Him.

One day, she was crying upstairs, and Jason told me he overheard her praying, "God, I am alone... can you come and be with me?" I have overheard her praying for Him to help her find things.

She asks a lot of questions about heaven, what God looks like, and how can we hear God. I have been working with her to listen to God with her heart and that we can see him by looking at his beautiful creation and seeing kindness in others.

She knows her bible. She knows the stories, the order, and her Bible verses. She is passionate about us reading it together each day.

The other day she drew a picture... when she showed it to me my heart leapt. It was a note that she wrote on her own that said, "Havana loves Frank." Frank is our sponsored child in Africa that we write to and pray for often. he is only six. She said he was on her heart and she wanted to write to him. This was completely unprompted by me! When I shared that with Jason at dinner, he told Havana that God was speaking to her by laying it on her heart to write to Frank. I told her how God is going to use her to encourage others. She has such a golden spirit...

About three weeks ago she began to tell us she has God in her heart. We talk about that a lot at our house... how daddy and mommy have "Jesus in their heart" and how people who have "Jesus in their heart" can hear him and go to heaven and have a hope that isn't in this world or in ourselves. How awesome! Anyway, she began saying she had God in her heart and at first I thought it was just talk, but then I began to see a difference in her. She is truly being transformed into a selfless, obedient little girl... she still struggles of course... but it isn't like how it was. I told Jason that perhaps she did, all on her own, as Jesus into her heart.

So amazed by my little girl. Praying every day that her faith takes root deep within her heart.






1 comment:

  1. God is amazing! I love hearing how He is working in your family.

    ReplyDelete