Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Interesting Day...

Jonah has acid reflux and projectile pukes A LOT... seriously, I've never seen a kid with this kind of distance. Anyway, he was on a roll today causing me to shower and change my clothes twice, give him a bath twice, and clean the bathroom from top to bottom all by 9am! Fun morning! :)

I took the kids and met a friend and her children at a storytime in Louisville. We were home in time to have a family dinner with jason before he had to leave for work. This afternoon, while both children were napping, I was upstairs with our dog. I all of a sudden hear our door alarm. Everytime a door opens in our house the alarm system says, "Fault: Back Door Open." (or whichever door opens it names). It took me a minute to realize that Jason was at work and Havana was asleep. Someone opened our back door! I freeze, but then call jason and whisper to him the situation asking what I should do. He said to take Tucker, our dog, downstairs and see what is going on. On my way downstairs I tried to find one of Jason's baseball bats - in our other homes he always kept at least one under the bed, but apparently not in this house. So, I grab the swiffer duster that I had on the dresser from my morning clean. Okay, in hindsight I realize that was a pretty pathetic thing to grab - couldn't I have at least grabbed some scissors?! Anyway, Swiffer in hand I go down the stairs - still on the phone and with my trusted guard dog BEHIND me. All is calm, but the back door is wide open! I search all the rooms downstairs and come to the conclusion that the wind must have blown the door open. I'm still not super convinced how, but I don't think anyone was in our house, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

My mother-in-law came over for a little bit after Havana's nap time and after she left I bundled up the kids and went to Target. My goal was to buy things for the children's bathroom. Decorating our new house has become somewhat stressful for me -- I want a house that looks amazing. I also know that I have two children under the age of two and hopefully more to follow and so having "nice" things really isn't a good option for us seeing as we would just have to hide them for the next few years. Plus, I wonder where to start when it comes to decorating. I don't know what colors or syles I like.

Havana's room is complete (we still need to paint it, but we have her theme and know the paint color) and the nursery is also complete (again just need paint, but we know what we want to do). The other upstairs bedroom is currently a play room (it will become Jonah's room once he outgrows the nursery) and so I'm content to leave the walls tan and hang primary color paintings and such in there until we convert it to Jonah's room. So, I decided I could go on and pick out a theme for their bathroom to make it a little more fun for them and then when we go to paint next month we'll know what color we want for their bathroom. I ended up going with a monkey them and I think it is so cute! I got the basics: shower curtain and curtain hooks, matching towel sets, soap dispensers, and a toothbrush holder. But then I also got a really cute, rather large, monkey rug! I was pretty proud of myself. I found online matching monkey wall decals and so I'll order those and put those up after we paint. Anyway, I figure that will be good for their bathroom for the next few years at least.

On my drive home I thought about how there weren't that many people at Target for a Friday night. Then it hit me... today is Wednesday. I've been thinking it was Friday all day and I'm pretty sure I thanked my mother-in-law for driving over in the Friday traffic. Hm... guess my mind really isn't what it used to be.

Then, in keeping with the interesting day theme, I received a text today. From a number I didn't recognize with an 870 area code (after googling that I found out that is a AK area code). It said, "I will c u tomorrow." Hm, perhaps that is the same person who opened my back door?! I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out! Ha.

Normally Jonah doesn't fall asleep until close to 11pm, but tonight he fell asleep before 9pm - and Havana goes to bed by 8pm. So I've enjoyed a quiet evening in the house by myself. I put all the new things in the "Youth Bathroom" as I call it. Now, I guess I'm going to look online for a new comforter set for our master bedroom in hopes of coming up with our color and theme for our room. Ugh, have I mentioned how stressful this is for me?! Fun, but also overwhelming. :)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the decorating! I want my house to look pretty and most of all welcoming, but I stink at decorating. I'm just not an artistic, creative person. I have a friend who can make your house look like Pottery Barn but without the huge pricetag-she just has a knack for finding bargains. I've been begging her to come help me decorate! Sounds like you're making a lot of progress, though.

    I'm impressed with how much you get done during the day! On my days off, I feel like I'm really accomplishing something if I can just do a couple of loads of laundry and empty the dishwasher. I guess I don't manage my time very well--I just really struggle to get things done with the baby. And I only have one to chase around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I sooo feel you! I would love to have my house look like it is right out of Pottery Barn, but I can't do that by myself. I'll need to enlist the help of friends for that. The monkey bathroom is cute, though.

    Oh, I don't feel like I get a lot done during the day, but I will say, I get a lot more done now than I did when Havana was little. Something about now that she is moving it keeps me moving. When I could just hold her all day -- that is all I did. Don't feel bad, spending time with your baby or catching up on your own sleep is way more important than laundry or dishes! Just my opinion, though... :)

    ReplyDelete