Saturday, January 20, 2018

Dear Selah (6th birthday letter)


Dear Selah,

So, I started this post closer to your actual birthday, but apparently it didn't save. So now I'm trying to recreate it. :)

On July 19th, you turned the big SIX! I can't believe it. You had a fabulous year, but really that's just always you. You are always smiling, easy going, and other centered. Sometimes I feel bad because I feel that I give you the least amount of attention, but that's because you are always so great!

Every night when I ask you what you favorite thing of the day was, you always tell me that it is me and that your least favorite thing is "nothing" -- I don't think that is always the case, but I love hearing it just the same.

Shortly after your fifth birthday, we moved to a new house and you have adjusted very well. You enjoy climbing trees and playing in the creek. We traveled to Florida and you met Grandma Ruth and enjoyed your time at Disney World. On one ride, they chose children to act out the story of Belle with the Princess and at first you didn't want to, but once you saw everyone up there, you decided to join it. It was fun to hear the narrator call you "a friend from the village" since they had already cast all the kiddos. :) You were so glad to have a picture taken with Belle.

You were really upset that you didn't start Kindergarten at five. In fact you cried "I was born too late"-- but mommy and daddy were content on keeping you home one more year. You spent the time playing with Asa and Hezekiah and being the bearcats class at All About Kids.

You are so beautiful and full of life. You've met great friends at the La Grange campus like Lucy and Julianna, but I also know that you make friends with everyone and are still so good and getting to know other people's names. You are a delight to each and every teacher and babysitter.

I'm excited to see what God wants to do in and through you. Praying you'll have a huge evangelical heart as you naturally love people. Thanks for being my near-perfect little girl.

Love,
mommy








No comments:

Post a Comment