Wednesday, October 8, 2014

New Name!

After much, much prayer... we have finally (almost) resolved our name dilemma.

We love the name Dakota Lincoln... it is a cute name and I loved that he had my initials, but I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't "his" name. My lack of peace wore off on Jason and he began to agree that perhaps Hezekiah would be a more personal name. We prayed for many nights - I kept telling the Lord, "You have his name written on the palm of your hand.... could you please reveal it to us?"

We would sit in bed, hold our baby, and read 2 Kings 18-20 out loud over him.

We finally came to a peace that we wanted to change his name to Hezekiah. We are still sorting out the middle name, but hopefully will have that nailed down by later tonight... (he's only 4.5 weeks old, its about time he had a name! Ha).

I'm so excited to be going with Hezekiah...

I was a little bummed because we had newborn photos taken of him and had letters that spelled Dakota, but after downloading a free trial of photoshop and watching many you tube videos to figure out how to work it... I have successfully changed the photo to make it look like we took the photo with the letter blocks of "Hezekiah"


No comments:

Post a Comment