Friday, January 27, 2012

Funnies!

My children make me laugh - here are some of my favorites from the past few weeks:

  • Walking into church on a cold day Havana said to me, "Mommy, my tens are freezing" - she was referring to her fingers. 
  • We were reading an adoption friendly book called "A Mother for Choco" where the bird, Choco, tries to find his mom based on physical appearances rather than actions (by the end he learns that Ms. Bear is his mom). Anyway, about 10 minutes after we read it Havana looked up and said "mommy, do I look just like you?" 
  • When Havana was saying a prayer at the dinner table, she was going on and on and I looked at Jason and she called me out and said, "Close your eyes!" - to which she had to start all over once my eyes were closed. 
  • As I was brushing Havana's teeth the other day (one of my least favorite times of the day) Havana stroked my hair and said, "Mommy, your hair is so pretty." My heart melted. 
  • I woke Havana up from her nap and she sat straight up in bed and said, "may I please be excused? I'm all done. May I please be excused?" -- haha, don't know what she were dreaming about but I'm guessing we were at the dinner table. 
  • H's response to my encouragement always is "too" - for example, Me: I love you. H: I love you too. Me: I love you so much. H:I love you so much too. Me: I'm so proud of you. H: I'm so proud of you too. Me: You're such a sweet girl. H: You're such a sweet girl too. -- precious! 
  • She does often greet me from the nursery with the response, "Mommy, I'm so proud of you!" Because that is what I usually say to her when I pick her up. 
  • I love how she is grasping truths from the nursery. One week I asked her what she learned about and she said God. Then she kept talking about a boat and fish. I later found out she was taught the lesson about Jesus telling the disciples to put down their nets and they caught a lot of fish. The next week she told me she learned about God and how he shared a snack. Her lesson that week was on feeding the 5,000! What a great feeling to know she is paying attention. She can also sing the songs like "Jump, Jump Jesus" and "Open and Shut" - songs we didn't teach her, but the nursery did! I love our church!
  • We went to pick her up early one day from the nursery and we looked at her through the window and she was dressed up as a Shepherd putting on a play about the birth of Jesus. 


  • She refers to everyone as "my friend" -- she'll say, "my friend said that" or "where's my friend" - these can be true friends, Jonah, or simply a stranger at the mall. 
  • The other day she asked me what I was doing. I responded with "feeding Selah" and her next question sent me into hysterics and she said, "Are you feeding her with your nipples or with a bottle?" HAHA.
  • Havana has hit the knock-knock joke phase - everything is a knock knock joke and is SO FUNNY (to her). :)  
  • Havana's speech is pretty good... she still struggle with the "th" sound -- she says "b" instead. Instead of "this way" it is "Bis way" "Bat way" -- and she points with four fingers instead of one,... we're going "Bis way... not bat way?" It is cute (in my opinion). 
  • H & J have learned the phrase (from me) "no way" - so when I ask them a question their answer is "no way" -- it makes me smile because they use it appropriately and i usually say that. 
  • H & J also love hide-n-Seek. They are always asking to play and it is one of the few games that is a "mommy" game and not a daddy game. It is funny, they will go count in the dining room and I'll go hide. They will both come looking for me and then when it is their turn to hide they will hide for a nano-second and then run out towards me, yelling my name, laughing hysterically. I could forever live in one of our games of hide-n-seek.
  • It is fun to see the two of them actually playing together. A new phase! Although sometimes they will be making a lot of noise and i will remind Havana to use a self controlled voice and she'll respond, "but I'm playing with Jonah." -- I tell her that is good, but she still needs to have a self controlled voice. 

  • Jonah man is a beast - he says everything and can do anything Havana can do. 
  • I told Jonah the other day, "You're getting so big" - he looked at me and said, "I know." 
  • He, on his own, started saying "go downstairs" - so when I get him up his first words are "go downstairs" - so sweet and that boy can say anything! 
  • He wanted to move out of his high chair and so we moved into a small green booster seat. He now calls it his "green chair" and when he's hungry or he wants to color he'll say, "I sit in green chair." 
  • He's obsessed with buckles and is constantly bucking his booster chair or Selah's car seat
  • He can say Selah, havana, I love you, Daddy (he used to call Jason "mommy"), and he finally says "yes" instead of "no" when he wants something.
  • The other day at the lunch table, out of the blue he said, "I love you, mommy." "I love you, Daddy" "I love you Tucker." -- so sweet. 
  • As soon as he wakes up in the morning he calls out for Havana, "Havana, where are you?"
  • Whenever he is playing with toys - he will run one over to Selah and say, "there you go, Selah" and then he'll say "you're welcome" (I assume he and Selah have their own language where she has told him thank you. :)
  • He loves to give kisses, but you don't always know they are coming - he'll just run full speed until he smacks you in the face with his lips. Of course, he takes this approach with Selah which is a little dangerous. :)
  • He is praying up a storm. He always has been a prayer, but he very clearly will say, "Dear God, thank you for today... " then he'll mumble and different words we've picked out are "buddy" "boots" "Bible" "mommy" "daddy" "selah" "havana" "tucker" "church" "toys" -- I love his heart for the Lord! Jonah even has a favorite "prayer spot" that is in the corner of our living room. He sits there every morning after quiet time and prays. Of course, Havana, now "has" to sit there when she prays, but it was originally Jonah's spot that he chose for himself. He will often go there during the day and just sit and pray. Amazing that little boy.
  • For each meal we have both havana and jonah say a prayer out loud. Some are long/some are short. But Jonah sometimes gets impatient with havana's long prayers and so while she is in the middle of a prayers he will all of a sudden yell "Amen" as if declaring "this prayer has been long enough!" It makes me smile. 

  •  The boy has a shoe obsession! He is always taking his on and off and he is constantly putting my shoes on his hands and walking around in Jason's shoes. Or trying to put our shoes on ourselves.
  • Selah girl is turning a corner! I introduced formual and solids and it is amazing how much she is wanting to eat and how happier she is and how well she is sleeping! I fear the last two months of misery in this house was due to her starving. Poor girl. :( But it is so fun to see her smiley. 
  • She's rolling and exploring and putting everything into her mouth. Tonight she grabbed a cookie out of my hand and put it in her mouth. 
  • She's an incredible actress. Everyone in the nursery talks about what a happy baby she is and no one believes me when i say she cries a lot. She loves when strangers look at her. :) 
  • She's babbling a lot. It sounds like she says "daddy" and "all done" - I don't think she is really saying them, but it's fun to pretend. 
  • She giggles at her siblings and she is very ticklish. ;) 
  • She's my "sugars" -- don't really know how that nickname came about, but it is her nick name. She's my sugars and I love her.

  • I love all three of my babies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment