Friday, December 17, 2010

November was fun...

November of 2010 is a month I won't soon forget! The first update of the month is the incredible announcement that I believe I have been healed of MS. In 2003 I began having neurological problems that have plagued me ever since. However, on October 31st I was prayed over for healing for the third time. Almost immediately I felt relief and within a few hours I felt better than I have in years. I have not taken my medicine since the first week in November and I haven't experienced one single symptom since then. I'm not sure what the Lord has planned for me in this area, but I'm thankful for this month and a half of a symptom free life. I firmly believe that the Lord can heal and I'm thankful for this time. I my symptoms ever do come back, I will know that the Lord has the power to take it away again at any moment and will accept His will for my life regardless. But, needless to say, November was an exciting month for me because each passing day I was amazed!

November continued to leave me awe struck by our Lord in the discovery that we are pregnant. As I mentioned in my last post - this is the very first time we have conceived without trying. I have always imagined how it would be if it would "just happen" but the joy surpassed all my expectations. I am so excited to see what the Lord wants to do in our family and how He wants to grow it. I love being so open to life. :)

It was fun because for the first time I was able to tell Jason in a "fun" way. The first time we found out we were pregnant I wasn't sure what I was seeing (after trying for 2.5 years and taking multiple tests I thought my mind way playing tricks on me). Anyway, I rushed downstairs and said, "Um, what is this?" The 2nd time Jason had just handed me the test to take, it showed up positive and I called him in by saying, "Um, come here." Jason was so convinced that I wasn't pregnant that he forgot he had just given me the test and he thought I was out of toilet paper or something. He walked in and I was pointing to the counter and I said, "What does this mean?" (he had brought a test home from work so it read a little differently than the ones you buy in the store). For our third time, we found out through our doctor who came into the room telling us that the test she just took had come up positive. Anyway, so for the first time I was able to know for a few minutes before telling Jason. I had originally thought about making him a card with a drawing of a positive pregnancy test that I would have Havana give to him, but she was sleeping and there was no way I was going to wait overnight to tell him. I'm not that patient. Ha. So I simply go downstairs and ask him to close his eyes. I walk across the room, hold the test up, and tell him he can open it. He laughs, says, "You're pregnant." Then he paused and said, "Are you really?" :)

Anyway, we also dealt with the false scare in November, but that turned out just fine so it adds to the sweetness of the month. Havana becomes more and more of a delight every day with her funny personality. She's become a little chatter box and her imagination has run wild which is fun to watch. Jonah is still incredibly content but also so funny! He is getting very playful and has the funniest laugh I've ever heard. He's started babbling and can even say "mama" now. He's eating a few purees and he loves cheerios. His first tooth broke through on Thanksgiving and he now has two.  I wonder it other parents truly just think about their children all day and do their hearts melt? I'm sure they do, but I am incredibly thankful for my husband and both of my children. I can't imagine a better life and I'm so grateful for my family. The Lord is good.   



There was one "hiccup" in November. I had an incredibly painful incident with a friend  I love. I don't really believe my blog is the best place to describe the situation, but I will say that it really troubled me. I spent nights up crying, I sought wise friends for their opinions on how I should handle the situation, and through it all... I fell deeper in love with my husband. You see, Jason is very good about listening to me. He always has been - even since before we were dating.

I remember once when we were only friends. I would see him on Sundays at church and I walked through the door and my nose was broken. He wanted to hear the story and so I began telling him about my car wreck. While I was talking to him a little girl came up and wanted to color with Jason. He began coloring with her, but made sure to look me in the eye and he said, "I'm still listening." That's not the only time, whenever I needed an ear - he was always there. One of the many things I love about sharing my life with Jason is that he is a good listener. He doesn't rattle off advice on how to fix it. He simply listens.



I would love to type more tonight, but I'm very sleepy. Soon I will update on December, Santa, and our anniversary. :) Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment