Saturday, October 16, 2010

Booed!!

Last night I came home to find a bag of Halloween goodies on my front porch! Yes, I was booed. In case you are unfamiliar, it is a neighborhood game where you put together a bag of goodies and leave it anonymously on the door step of someone in the subdivision. Included in the bag are treats for the children and instructions on how to continue on the game. Once you have been "booed," you mark your front door so that there are no repeats.

I will admit that I was very excited to find this treasure on my doorstep. I used to babysit for families that always got into this game and I couldn't wait until I could play it. The other neighborhoods we lived in before this one were really small and mostly older couples - very few people had children and no one played the game. So, this was my first time to be "booed" and I couldn't have been more excited (yes, I am a nerd! :).I'm not sure who booed us (part of the fun is remaining anonymous!) but I think it has to be one of the five families that know us personally because our goody bag included baby food for Jonah! So sweet that he was included.

This morning we went out and bought a goody bag and lots of Halloween fun to put inside. I was very impressed with my husband for selecting great items to add to the bag (he doesn't normally get into this sort of thing). We went on a walk this afternoon and finally decided on a house to "boo." We chose a family we did not know, but we know they had children! They also have Halloween decorations out so I know that they celebrate it and will hopefully play along. On our walk back home we prayed as a family that the little "boo" bag would brighten this family's day as it did ours.

Here is a photo of the kids and the "boo bag" that they worked really hard in helping us prepare. :) Excuse H's face - she was eating... :)

1 comment:

  1. so fun! I have never heard of this! I am glad you had a great family day getting to boo someone else!

    ReplyDelete