Thursday, September 9, 2010

Room Time


I haven't written about room time for a while. Sadly, between vacation and the lack of AV in our house - we have not been able to do room time very often. However, we were able to do it today. Both children are comfortably staying in their rooms for 15 minutes which gives me enough time to hop in a quick shower. Havana does not cry at all anymore, but she does still throw toys over the gate after about 5 minutes in her room. Today - I noticed that she wasn't by the gate when room time was finished and there actually weren't many toys in the hall. When room time is over I always clap my hands and call down that hall, "Havana, you did! You had a good room time!" and when she hears me coming she starts clapping and runs to the gate to greet me with her sign for "all done." However, today, she did not come to greet me. I get to the gate and call for her again. That's when I hear a panicked "mom-mom" -- she had shut herself into her closet (which has no light) and could not get out. Poor girl... although I have to admit, it made me laugh! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment