Sunday, August 22, 2010

Off to St. Joseph


Well, our house is acting up yet again! Our air conditioning went back out yesterday. Ugh! So. Hot.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow for the beach at St. Joseph, but seeing as it is a million degrees in our house, we're packing up and heading to the beach a day early. We rented a house that isn't available until tomorrow - so we'll just find a hotel to call home for tonight. Should be an adventure! :)

Last night we went to church - it was promotion weekend and so Havana moved to a new classroom. When we went to pick her up after church we looked in the window and she was being held by one of the volunteers with her head on her shoulder. So sweet. She wasn't crying at all. The lady said that she ran around and played and laughed that day too!

The sermon was on how we need to raise up more preachers and missionaries in today's society. The minister was saying we need to pray continually for the "workers" but we also need to pray specifically. Do we know one young person that shows potential? We should pray for him by name daily. While he was saying this, God whispered into my heart, "Jonah" -- wow! I pray for Jonah, but I don't often pray for him to be a preacher or a missionary. I have told him that perhaps he will be the president of the United States some day and always end that as long as he is a man who fears God and loves his family... that I'll be just as proud of him as if he were the President. But I don't say, "You'll be a Preacher." A sentence or two later, that preacher talked about how his mom always used to tell him, "you'll make a great preacher some day." I took that as a very real confirmation that I should speak that into Jonah's life. I wonder what God has planned for my content little boy, but I need to do my part in keeping options open and honoring vocational ministry. I can already tell that God has a special purpose for Mr. Jonah! Can't wait to see it unfold. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if God calls our family to some sort of overseas missions. Jason and I often talk about different countries that we might move to someday. Jason doesn't feel that we are to move "right now" and I agree with him, but I am praying for Jason to be led to the right place when the time is right. Not sure what God has in store for our family, but we're ready for whatever He calls us to do!

Well, enough typing (and sweating...) time to head to the beach! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment